Pressure cookers have come a long way and the present day modern pressure cookers are much safe and easy to use as compared to those in the past. Pressure cookers these days, whether electric or stove top, are convenient, energy efficient, lock in nutrition and flavor, and require cleaning only one pot.
If you are new to pressure cookers you must be aware of some basic guidelines before using a pressure cooker. Here are a few guidelines that you must follow while using your pressure cooker:
- Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer related to the minimum amount of liquid that must be added to the pressure cooker while cooking in it.
- Avoid filling more than half to two-thirds full of pressure cooker with food, depending on what is being cooked.
- If you are adapting traditional recipes to make using the pressure cooker, you will generally require adding less liquid and more spices.
- As a general rule of thumb, decrease cooking time to just a quarter of the standard recipes and check how things turn out. It is better to get the cooker to pressure again and continue cooking but if certain foods have been overcooked, they cannot be undo and won’t be appealing. You can also follow cooking time charts available on websites or pressure cooking recipe books.
- When sautéing ingredients like leeks, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and other foods containing natural sugars care must be taken as something that would sticks to the cooker’s bottom would burn at high heat. In order to avoid this issue, add some water or any other cooking liquid and stir thoroughly to loosen the food that has been stuck at the bottom of the cooker.
- When the cooker reaches pressure, set a kitchen timer and stay alert and close to the kitchen.
- Be cautious while opening the cooker lid and tilt it away from yourself so as to avoid burns from the extremely hot steam coming out of the pressure cooker.
- Keep in mind that pressure cooker makes food hotter than that made by other methods so handle it accordingly and warn other people as well.
A pressure cooker can tremendously save your time, effort, energy, and money while giving the best taste and nutrition to your dishes. With the above mentioned tips, you can enhance the safety of your pressure cooker while ensuring the maximum benefits from it. You can find more information about best pressure cooker at this website. Are you being tempted to use a pressure cooker and want to save yourself the time and effort required for cooking? Get yourself a pressure cooker and invest the time and effort in other meaningful tasks.